I have always loved unique pieces of jewelry and always make it a point to buy from a local artist wherever I travel. The commercially made products that are mass produced in China have never appealed to me.
When I was introduced to Etsy a few years back, I got hooked and have bought everything from jewelry to bags and clothes from artists all over the world. It feels good to buy something handmade and one of a kind.
This started my passion for making something unique and handmade with my business. All of my jewelry is made from materials that are acquired locally or from smaller mom and pop type stores. In a way, my creations help these local merchants stay in business.
I agree, there's more meaning in a hand made item. I also prefer to purchase something made locally when I travel. I have never really seen the point to the mass-produced plastic novelty "souvenirs'.
ReplyDeleteHello from your newest follower, via the Etsy team forum.
Best wishes,
Miranda
___________________________________________________
Art & Craft Blog: randamart.blogspot.com
My Cancer Battle: ancoraimparo.blogspot.com
Thank you for taking the time to read my posts! Wishing you continued success as we go into the holidays.
ReplyDelete